Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialties Centre is a diabetes Speciality hospital chain headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in 1991 by Padma Shri Dr V. Mohan along with his ...
Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialties Centre is a diabetes Speciality hospital chain headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in 1991 by Padma Shri Dr V. Mohan along with his wife Dr Rema. Dr. Mohan's Group has 27 centres and more than 1000 staff. Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre is also the collaboration centre for World Health Organization on Non Communicable Diseases Prevention and Control. In 2017, the centre raised $10.3 million in Series A funding. This is the first round of funding for the centre since its founding in 1991. The money will be allocated to expanding Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialties Centre across India.
Achievements and Awards:
• Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre was awarded Best Diabetes Endocrine Hospital in India for at the CNBC-TV18 Health Care Awards in 2013.
• Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre was the first diabetes centre in India to offer Bariatric surgery.
One of his student named Dr. Aravindan Vivekanandan is doing enormous research in diabetes. He is a pioneer in getting funds from national funding agencies for core diabetes research in the country. Currently he is the assistant professor of immunogenetics in Institute for Basic Medical Sciences Taramani University of Madras.
Dr. Mohan's Diabetes Specialities Centre has 29 Diabetes Centres and Clinics in India
- 8 centres in Chennai
- 4 Centres in Hyderabad
- 4 Centres in Karnataka
- 1 Centre each in Coimbatore
- 9 Madurai
- 10 Pondicherry, Chunampet
- 11 Vellore
- 12 Vijayawada, Gudiyatham, Delhi, Mangalore, Mysuru, Trichi, Thanjavur, Lucknow, Trivandrum and Bhubaneswar.