Born in a humble family, my schooling took place in New Delhi in two schools viz. Greenfields Public School & St. Xavier’s School. I pursued English literature for a while when I was waiting to join ...
Born in a humble family, my schooling took place in New Delhi in two schools viz. Greenfields Public School & St. Xavier’s School. I pursued English literature for a while when I was waiting to join Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi – one of the premier medical schools in India. I completed my MBBS in 1987 and finished my internship in 1988. Working as Junior Resident in the Departments of Surgery, Internal Medicine and Pediatric Surgery, I discovered that I had special ability in fine surgical work. Advised by one of my professors, I joined DO (Ophthalmology) at Guru Nanak Eye Center to explore eye surgery, and observing my own surgical results I was convinced that I found my destiny. After completing DO in 1992, I went on ahead to pursue MS (Ophthalmology) at Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. Successfully breaking two exams at the same time was a feat of sorts. My masters was a period of a lot of learning, honing my surgical skill, conducting research on effects of contact lenses on the eye and also teaching the undergraduates and my junior colleagues, and strangely sometimes even my seniors. The hard work was bore fruit and I was awarded Delhi University Gold Medal by the Former President of India Shri K R Narayanan, for being the best candidate in MS (Ophthalmology) for the year 1995. I continued working in the same department as Senior Resident for another 3 years independently handling all the clinical & surgical work.
Professional Experience:Current:- 1 February 2015 - Present - Max Healthcare - Director Opthalmology & Senior Eye Surgeon.
Past:- 27 May 2012 - 31 January 2015 - Fortis Healthcare Limited - Director & Head of Department - Ophthalmology.
- May 2011 - May 2012 - Vasan Eye Care Hospitals, New Delhi, Medical Director and Senior Eye Surgeon.
- 2001 - 2011 - Max Healthcare (Max Eye Care), New Delhi, Head of Department & Senior Eye Surgeon.
- 2004 – 2005 - Perfect Vision Eye Hospital, Faridabad, Medical Director & Senior Eye Surgeon.
- 2000 – 2004 - Lions Hospital & Research Center, New Delhi, Senior Consultant Eye Surgeon.
- 1998 – 1999 - Manipal Medical College & associated Himalaya Eye Hsopital, Nepal, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- 1995 – 1998 - Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, Senior Resident Ophthalmology.
- 1992 – 1995 - Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, Junior Resident Ophthalmology.
- 1990 – 1992 - Maulana Azad Medical College & associated Guru Nanak Eye Center, New Delhi, Junior Resident Ophthalmology.
- 1989 – 1990 - Maulana Azad Medical College and Hindi Rao Hospital, Junior Resident in Departments of Surgery, Medicine and Pediatric Surgery.
- 1995 - MS Ophthalmology (awarded University of Delhi Gold Medal), Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- 1992 - DO Ophthalmology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
Dr. Sanjay Dhawan
MBBS, MS (Gold Medalist), DO
Director Opthalmology & Senior Eye Surgeon
Appointment by phone:
OR call Helpline (+91) 9910009144 for any assistance.
Appointment by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Consultation & Surgery: Max Healthcare, Pansheel Park, Saket & Gurgaon
Clinic: S-341, Panchsheel Park, New Delhi 110 017
Phone: 011 41809144